MGK is dedicated to honoring and supporting our veterans year round. That support culiminates in our annual John DeBella Veterans Radiothon. This year's Radiothon takes place on Friday, June 16 (6a-6p).
See how even a $5 donation can make a significant impact on a veterans life.
All funds from WMGK's Veterans Raditohon go to the Veterans Multi-Service Center (VMC) of Philadelphia whose mission is to provide services, programs, opportunities and advancement to veterans and their families.
Your Dollars Make a REAL Difference
· $5 will provide a Veteran with a healthy meal
· $10 will provide a Veteran transportation to a new job
· $25 will provide a Veteran with food for their family
· $50 will provide a Veteran with job equipment
· $100 will provide a Veteran with supplies for various certifications
· $250 will provide a Veteran with supplies to make their house a home
Last Year’s Radiothon did the following….
893 Veterans and their families were placed in housing
175,000 hot meals were served
204 veterans trained in transferable job skills
174 veteran placed in gainful employment
339 veterans assisted with their VA benefits
Where your donations go
95% of funds goes to programs for veterans
4% of funds go to general/admiinstrative costs
1% of funds go to fundraising resources
How To donate
• Make an online donation NOW.
• Call 1800-678-WMGK (9645) on 6/16 ONLY
Harold Kapp Challenge
If you make a $100 donation to this year's Radiothon, Lisa DeBella, John DeBella's wife, as well as an anonymous donor, will match it. They will donate up to $10,000 in memory of Lisa's father, decorated World War II veteran, Harold Kapp.
Monthly Salute Program
This year we’ve added a donation option that allows listeners to assist veterans each month for a year, introducing WMGK’s Monthly Salute Program – you can arrange to make a monthly $15 donation for one year via an online or phone line donation(1800-678-WMGK (9645).
Find out how your business can assist local veterans by providing items, services or employment opportunities to the VMC.