MGK is dedicated to honoring and supporting our veterans year round. That support culiminates in our annual John DeBella Veterans Radiothon. This year's Radiothon takes place on Friday, June 15 (6a-6p).
See how even a $5 donation can make a significant impact on a veterans life.
All funds from WMGK's Veterans Raditohon go to the Veterans Multi-Service Center (VMC) of Philadelphia whose mission is to provide services, programs, opportunities and advancement to veterans and their families.
Your Dollars Make a REAL Difference
- $5 donation will serve a Veteran a hot meal
- $10 donation will give a Veteran new clothes
- $25 donation will provide transportation to a Veteran trying to get back on their feet
- $50 donation will provide a comfort basket of personal care items
- $100 donation will provide kitchenware to a Veteran family
- $175 will provide a new bed for a Veteran in transition
- $500 will sponsor a Veteran to attend training and obtain a certification to start a career
Last Year’s Radiothon did the following….
893 Veterans and their families were placed in housing
175,000 hot meals were served
204 veterans trained in transferable job skills
174 veteran placed in gainful employment
339 veterans assisted with their VA benefits
Where your donations go
95% of funds goes to programs for veterans
4% of funds go to general/admiinstrative costs
1% of funds go to fundraising resources
How To donate
• Make an online donation NOW.
• Call 1800-678-WMGK (9645) on 6/16 ONLY
Harold Kapp Challenge
If you make a $100 donation to this year's Radiothon, Lisa DeBella, John DeBella's wife, as well as an anonymous donor, will match it. They will donate up to $10,000 in memory of Lisa's father, decorated World War II veteran, Harold Kapp.
Monthly Salute Program
This year we’ve added a donation option that allows listeners to assist veterans each month for a year, introducing WMGK’s Monthly Salute Program – you can arrange to make a monthly $15 donation for one year via an online or phone line donation(1800-678-WMGK (9645).
Find out how your business can assist local veterans by providing items, services or employment opportunities to the VMC.