Ozzy Osbourne will be on the mend for a while longer and has been forced to cancel more farewell tour dates.
A statement via Facebook reads as follows:
“Ozzy has announced that he will now cancel shows in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. This follows news of the postponement of the entire UK and European leg of his ‘NO MORE TOURS 2’ tour on doctors’ orders.
‘Ozzy recently developed pneumonia and has spent some time in hospital. Thankfully he is now through the worst part,’ says Sharon Osbourne. ‘His doctors have advised that he stay at home to recuperate for a full six weeks with no travel.’”
Osbourne's recent health woes first began in late 2018 when he was hospitalized with with three different staff infections in his right hand.
He told Rolling Stone at the time that his right thumb swole up to "the size of a f*ckin’ light bulb." He needed surgery to cut out the infection, which, according to Osbourne, "Even with the numbing stuff, it was agony.”
Osbourne was then forced to postpone his entire European tour in late January after being hospitalized with the flu, which as previously stated, developed into pneumonia.
The next leg of Osbourne's "No More Tours 2" farewell tour is scheduled to begin May 24 headlining the Rocklahoma Festival. So far, that entire North American leg of the tour will be taking place as scheduled.
Erica Banas is rock/classic rock news blogger that loves the smell of old vinyl in the morning.