You Gotta See This

A story surfaced recently about a teenage boy almost dying after he got very intimate with a beehive.

The story caught attention after being reported by World News Daily Report where they stated, “A Florida teenager is lying in critical condition after he was stung more than 600 times by bees. Lawrence Thomas, 14, who is allergic to bees, was brought to Naples Community Hospital after suffering a severe anaphylactic shock. The 14-year-old boy apparently inserted his penis inside of a beehive located under the family house balcony when he was attacked by the swarm of bees.”

Snopes took it upon themselves to fact-check the too crazy to be true story, and it turns out, it was.

“The article originated from a website that describes its output as being humorous or satirical in nature, as follows: ‘All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional, and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead, is purely a miracle,'” wrote Snopes.

So, what did we learn today? Always double and triple-check your sources. Well, that and don’t even think about doing something stupid with a beehive, but if it’s a true story, it’ll definitely be picked up by some outlet.

Erica Banas is a rock/classic rock news blogger who's well-versed in etiquette and extraordinarily nice. #TransRightsAreHumanRights

Sign me up for the 102.9 WMGK At Work Network email newsletter!

Join WMGK's At Work Network and get the latest rock news, exclusive presales, contests and more straight to you inbox.

By clicking "Subscribe" I agree to the website's terms of Service and Privacy Policy. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time.