Want to sing to adoring Phil Collins fans at The Kimmel Center? MGK is looking for a Phil fanatic to win AGAINST ALL ODDS and perform at our exclusive reception in the Kimmel Center lobby on March 6th, just prior to the Philly POPS concert THE MUSIC OF GENESIS AND PHIL COLLINS. All that you need to do is submit a video clip of you performing a Phil Collins or Genesis song. Our winner will grab 4 tickets, dinner for 4, and perform in the Kimmel lobby before the show.
His unforgettable drum crescendos with the megaband Genesis made an indelible mark on the ‘70s. His solo work, often with vibrant video, television or film aspects, defined the ‘80s—earning him two GRAMMY Awards, an Academy Award, two Golden Globes, three ASCAPs, two BMIs and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Philly remembers Phil Collins as the only performer to play both London and Philadelphia for the historic LIVE AID show in 1985.
Philly’s Biggest Rock Band turns up the volume with frequent guest conductor and rock specialist Stuart Chafetz in this tribute to an icon—featuring Broadway rock ‘n’ roll headliner Aaron Finley from “Rock of Ages” and “Kinky Boots” with acclaimed percussionist and Temple University graduate Brian Kushmaul. It’s “Easy Lover,” “One More Night,” “Two Hearts,” “Another Day In Paradise,” and the unforgettable “In The Air Tonight.”
What you win:
Win four tickets to see "POPS ROCKS: Phil Collins: The Music of Genesis and Phil Collins" at the Kimmel Center on March 6th, dinner for four to a Philadelphia restaurant, and the opportunity to perform in the Kimmel Center lobby.
How to enter:
Record a video of yourself performing a Phil Collins or Genesis song on the instrument of your choice. Submit your video by uploading it with the widget below. We will contact the winner when the contest ends.
WMGK’S AGAINST ALL ODDS CONTEST
These rules apply to WMGK’s Against All Odds Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WMGK (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at www.wmgk.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
- The Contest will begin on Monday, February 10, 2020 and end on Monday, February 24, 2020.
- Each video submitted may feature only the entrant and must not contain copyrighted materials or any other materials that may be restricted, prohibited, or outlawed by any laws, or materials that may otherwise infringe on the rights of a third party. The video may not invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. The Station shall have the right to disqualify any entrant if it determines that the video contains copyrighted material or material that infringes on the rights of another; indecent or otherwise offensive material such as violence or drug abuse; or if such video contains material that is deemed to be unsuitable for a public audience. The Station’s determinations with respect to all such matters shall be made in its sole discretion and shall be final. Videos that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Contest.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) winner selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility.
- Up to one (1) prize will be awarded. The prize consists of the opportunity for the winner to perform on March 6, 2020 in the lobby of the Kimmel Center in Philadelphia, PA. Prize also includes: four (4) tickets to see Philly POPS: The Music of Phil Collins and Genesis on Friday, March 6, 2020 at Kimmel Center and a two hundred-dollar ($200) gift card for dinner for four (4) at a Philadelphia area restaurant.
- The Approximate Retail Value of the ticket and gift card portion of the prize is $340. There is no cash or other retail value associated with the performance portion of the prize. No cash compensation will be paid to the winning Act.
- Exact performance time will be decided by the Station in its sole discretion. Winner must be able to perform at the time specified by the Station. Other performance criteria will be discussed in advance of the performance. Performance not to exceed twenty (20) minutes in duration. Venue will solely provide microphone, PA system and a sound assistant. All other costs not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to those of equipment, instruments, parking, travel, accommodations, and any other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility. Winner must abide by all venue policies. The Station reserves the right to revoke part of or the full prize from winner if Station or venue personnel deem, in their sole discretion, to be intoxicated, be a safety risk, or have violated any venue policy or law, or may bring any Contest party into disrepute. If winner is unable or unwilling to perform at the time specified, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant. Winner understands that there are inherent risks involved in performing and in front of a crowd, and that these risks may be present before, during and after the performance. The Station is not responsible for changes in schedule of any element of the prize, to include but not limited to show cancellation or postponement, or for any expenses incurred as a consequence of changes. If a prize-related event is unable to take place as scheduled, for reasons such as cancellation, preemption, postponement or unavailability, including for weather, or for any reason beyond the control of the Station, the Station’s sole responsibility to the winner(s) will be to award the remaining available elements of the prize(s) and no substitution or compensation will be provided for the unawarded elements of the prize(s).
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- Up to one (1) winner will be selected by 5:00pm ET on February 28, 2020 by Station and Kimmel Center staff members via the following judging criteria from all eligible online entries received during the Online Entry Period: entrant’s musicianship, vocals (if applicable), and ability to translate performance to a performance in the Kimmel Center lobby as seen in the video. Winner will be notified via phone and/or email no later than Friday February 28, 2020 at 5:00pm ET.
- Entrant need not listen to the Station or be present to win.
- Winner must confirm ability to perform as described in Section 3 no later than Monday, March 2, 2020 at 10:00am ET or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate winner (time permitting) using the judging criteria above from all remaining eligible entries.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at www.wmgk.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 401, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.