Are you in a group that performs classic rock songs? Are you really good? Enter the MGK House Band Competition by submitting an mp3 of your band performing ONE (1) classic rock song.
What you win:
When crowned our new MGK House Band you’ll...
• Receive $1000 in new gear.
• Perform in front of thousands of MGK fans at events like the Big Bad Bonfire, and Brew Blast.
• Receive 16 Hours of audio and video recording/production at The SoundPlex®: Music & Arts Multiplex
• Receive a box of t-shirts with your band name/logo on them
How to enter:
Submit an mp3 of your band playing 1 classic rock song to email@example.com
Entry deadline is Thursday, August 18th at 3p.
All of the following info must be included in your entry in order for it to be considered.
• Band name & hometown
• Full name & age of each band member
• Phone, email and address of one contact person in the band
How It Works
- The MGK staff will listen to all entries & via a listening & rating session will choose the 12 highest scoring bands to compete to win the title of MGK House Band.
- Starting September 8th, each week for three straight weeks, 4 of our 12 finalists will compete at one of our semifinal round events.
- The winner of each semifinal event will advance to the MGK House Band Finals on Thursday, September 29th at 360 at Parx Casino.
- The winner of the MGK House Band Finals becomes the next official MGK House Band.
- Thursday, September 8th – 360 at Parx Casino
- Wednesday, September 14th – 360 at Parx Casino
- Thursday, September 22rd – 360 at Parx Casino
- Thursday, September 29th- 360 at Parx Casino
WMGK CONTEST RULES
WMGK HOUSE BAND CONTEST 2022
These rules apply to WMGK HOUSE BAND Contest (“Contest”) conducted by Beasley Media Group, LLC d/b/a WMGK (“Station”). In addition, the General Contest Rules posted at wmgk.com apply to this Contest. If there is a conflict between the General Contest Rules and the Rules for this Contest, the Rules for this Contest shall control.
- HOW TO ENTER
The Contest will begin August 1st, 2022 2pm and end on August 18th 2022 3pm
- Entrant must have the right to submit the Song Entry. If more than one song is submitted as part of the Song Entry, the Station will only review and judge the first track submitted.
- The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if such entrant’s associated Song Entry or other content contains illegal, indecent, pornographic or sexually explicit content or otherwise offensive material such as graphic violence or if such Song Entry or other content contains any nudity or content deemed at the Station’s discretion to be unsuitable for public display or posting on the Station’s website. Entries that do not comply with these rules will not be eligible for the Contest. Station reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it believes the Song Entry violates the rights of any third party or is otherwise inappropriate for public viewing.
- Entrants may submit only one (1) Song Entry per Band during the Online Entry Period. Incomplete, multiple and/or duplicate entries by the same Band will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Entrant further understands that the use and exploitation of the Song Entry link may subject him/her to risk of notoriety, publicity, ridicule, scorn and/or indignity.
- There will be up to a total of one (1) winning Band selected in the Contest.
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS (APPLIES TO ALL BAND MEMBERS)
- This Contest is open to all Station listeners who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry into the Contest, who are legal US residents and reside in a PA, NJ, or DE, except where prohibited by law. Winners must possess a valid, government-issued ID and show proof of residency to verify eligibility. Winning restrictions do not apply to this Contest.
- Any Band that has been named the Official ‘MGK House Band in a past Contest is ineligible to compete in this year’s Contest. Band must consist of at least two (2) actively participating members. No member of any Band may be represented by an agent or talent agency unless the Station receives written confirmation that such agency and any associated commissions are being waived for all purposes of this Contest, including for any performances at Station appearances, the Let Freedom Rock Fest, or WMGK Big Gig (or any substitute performance). Under no circumstances will the Station be responsible for any fee or commission to any agent or representative of any Band.
- No member of any Band may be signed to a fully executed major record label contract that guarantees the release of one (1) or more albums/CDs. If the right of the entrant to submit the Song Entry or the right of the Station to link to the website containing the song is contested by a third party claiming infringement of their rights, Station reserves the right to remove the Band from its site and disqualify the Band from further participation in the Contest in the Station’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Up to one (1) Prize will be awarded. The Prize consists of the following: (i) a check for one thousand dollars ($1000); (ii) the opportunity to be designated as the “WMGK House Band” and to play Station promotional appearances between October 1st, 2022 – September 9, 2023 for a set fee of one thousand dollars ($1000) per appearance; (iii) Gift Certificate valid for 16 Hours of audio and video recording/production at The SoundPlex®: Music & Arts Multiplex (expires September 30, 2022); and (iv) one hundred (100) printed Band t-shirts. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize is $2730.
- The Station reserves the right to not use the House Band for any reason in their sole and absolute discretion. Winning Band members will not be considered employees of the Station at any point. Prize checks will be awarded in the name of the Band representative listed in the official entry form. No check will be awarded, processed or mailed until winner has claimed the prize at the Station, presented all required documentation, and signed all required releases and tax forms. Checks will then be processed within approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks following confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases and IRS forms.
False or misleading information regarding Band members may lead to disqualification and PERMANENT disbarment from any future Station contests. Station must be notified promptly in writing of any changes in Band personnel. Station will determine if a substitution of a Band member is permitted. The gift certificate will be subject to the terms and conditions as set forth by the issuer of the gift certificate. Gift certificates are not refundable or transferable and may not be substituted or exchanged for cash or credit at any time, nor will gift certificates be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Prizes or prize certificates must be claimed at the office of the Station located at One Bala Plaza, Suite 429, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, Monday-Friday, during regular business hours. Prize or prize certificate must be claimed within thirty (30) days of winning. Failure to claim Prize by the specified time will result in forfeiture of the prize. It is the winner’s sole responsibility to claim the Prize or prize certificate within the timeline provided in these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
- On Thursday, August 18th, 2022 at approximately 3:00pm ET, up to twelve (12) “Qualifying Bands” will be selected by the Station based on judging during one or more Station staff listening sessions in which staff members will score and rate each entrant’s Song Entry based on quality and musical performance as determined in the reviewer’s sole discretion.
Qualifying Bands will be notified by Monday, August 22nd, 2022 of selection and to confirm participation. Qualifying Bands must be available to perform at one or more events as follows: (i) the Qualifying Round appearance that they’ve been assigned, as described below and (ii) if selected as a Finalist, Qualifying Bands must also be able to play at the MGK House Band Finals on Thursday, September 29, 2022 at Parx Casino, located at 2999 Street Road, Bensalem, PA 19020.
The primary band contact (the person who submitted the online entry form) must confirm participation via email or phone by no later than 10:00am ET on Monday, August 29, 2022 or the Qualifying Band will risk disqualification. If a Qualifying Band is disqualified, an alternate Qualifying Band may be selected (time permitting) from all remaining Bands, at the sole discretion of the Station.
- Qualifying Rounds:
Each Qualifying Band must be available to perform on the dates/times stated below as established by the Station. Equipment will be provided as specified below. However, the Station may not be able to accommodate scheduling requests and the Qualifying Band may face disqualification if it cannot play on the date/time it has been assigned. Each Qualifying Band will be assigned one (1) of the following dates/times/locations:
Thursday, September 8, 2022 – Parx Casino
Wednesday, September 14, 2022 - Parx Casino
Thursday, September 22, 2022 – Parx Casino
Dates, times, and locations are subject to change. Up to four (4) Qualifying Bands will perform on each date. All Qualifying Bands must be present and checked in with Station staff by 7:00pm ET. Failure to attend the assigned performance and/or check in with Station staff by 7:00pm ET may result in disqualification. The performances will begin at approximately 8:00pm ET. The order that the bands perform will be determined in a random drawing of all Qualifying Bands performing on that date.
Each Qualifying Band’s performance will be judged by a panel of Station judges based on stage presence, musicianship, crowd response, vocals, adherence to Classic Rock set list (meaning song and/or bands that are regularly played on the Station), and who would best fit the personality of the House Band. Each judge will pick their favorite Qualifying Band performing that given date, and the Qualifying Band who receives the most votes from the judges on that performance date will win advance to the next round of the Contest. Up to three (3) “Finalist Bands” will advance to the next round of the Contest (one (1) Finalist Band per performance date). Finalist Bands will be announced at the end of each performance event.
- Final Round:
The three (3) Finalist Bands will advance to the Final Round and must perform on Thursday, September 29, 2022 at Parx Casino. There will be a different panel of judges present at the Final Round. Members of the judging panel will be revealed and introduced to the Bands and crowd the evening of the performance.
All selected Finalist Bands must be able to participate in the Final Round in order to be eligible to be selected as the winning Band. If a Finalist Band is not able to attend the Final Round, the Station reserves the right to hold the Final Round with fewer bands OR select an alternate Finalist Band in the Station’s sole discretion to participate in the Final Round from the remaining Qualifying Bands. All Finalist Bands must be present and checked in with Station staff by 7:00pm ET. Failure to attend the assigned performance and/or check in with Station staff by 7:00pm ET may result in disqualification. The performances will begin at approximately 8:00pm ET. The order that the bands perform will be determined in a random drawing of all Finalist Bands performing on that date.
In the Final Round, the same scoring system and criteria will apply, and the Finalist Band with the highest total score will be named the official ‘MGK House Band Contest Winner.
- There will be up to three (3) judges per Qualifying Round and up to four (4) judges at the Final Round. All performing bands in the Qualifying Rounds and Final Round must play a minimum of two (2) songs. Set time may not exceed thirty (30) minutes in length. The Station has the right to end a performing band’s set if they go over the time limit. The Station may subtract points from a band’s score, in the stage presence category, if they go over the time limit. In addition, all performing bands in the Qualifying Rounds and Final Round will be required to play one (1) predetermined classic rock cover song, as selected by the Station in advance that all performing bands that evening must play. All performing bands must play a minimum of the one (1) predetermined classic rock cover song and at least one (1) other song of their choosing in their set. The same predetermined classic rock cover song will be selected for the three (3) Qualifying Rounds, and a different predetermined classic rock cover song will be selected for the Final Round.
- EQUIPMENT PROVIDED: The Station will set up the following equipment for each round: band PA system, and standard drum kit. All performers must use equipment provided by WMGK only. All performers must use their own guitars, guitar amps, keyboard, keyboard amps, bass, bass amps, cymbals, drum sticks, and drum pedal.
- Winning Band must confirm acceptance of prize within two (2) days of winning, or risk disqualification and selection of an alternate winning Band (time permitting) from all remaining Finalist Bands using the judging criteria described above.
- Decisions of Station management with respect to the Contest are final.
- The Station reserves the right to end any contest or amend these rules upon announcement on air and by publication at wmgk.com.
- Copies of the written Contest rules and a list of all winners are available during regular business hours at the main studio of the Station, One Bala Plaza, Suite 429, Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004, sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station.