5th Annual Dining Out for the Dogs
Monday, August 22, 2022 | 5pm – close
White Dog Cafe locations: Wayne, Haverford, and Glen Mills
The White Dog Cafe will host the Fifth Annual Dining Out for the Dogs to raise funds for Alpha Bravo Canine, Philadelphia’s first and only 501(c)3 organization that donates service dogs to US veterans suffering from debilitating medical and psychological problems as a result of their active combat duty.
- WMMR, BEN FM, WMGK, WXTU, and The Fanatic on-air personalities will be at each of the three suburban White Dog Café locations.
- Puppy-kissing booths at each location where guests can donate to cuddle and kiss one of the Alpha Bravo Canine pups
- Food & Drink Specials including:
- Gourmet flight of hot dogs for $40 with 100% of the proceeds going to Alpha Bravo Canine. The menu includes Coney Island Dog made with Green Meadow farm beef chili, Pa noble cheddar cheese, pickled red onions, a Southwestern Dog that includes Guacamole, chipotle aioli, cotija cheese, crispy tortillas, the White Dog with white truffle aioli, shellbark hollow goat cheese, mushroom relish or the Backyard Dog with ketchup, mustard and bbq potato chip crumble.
- Tito’s Doghouse made with Strawberry Puree, Aperol, agave, lemon for $12 with all proceeds benefitting Alpha Bravo Canine.
Scenes From The 2022 DeBella Dog Walk
It is estimated that twenty percent of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or depression. Also, an alarming average of 22 veterans commit suicide every day here in the United States, that’s 8,030 in just one year. Alpha Bravo Canine™ was founded to help the local community of veterans. which provides trained service dogs to U.S military veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and other combat-related disabilities.
The average cost for a puppy to train is $30,000 depending on the disability. Alpha Bravo Canine does not charge veterans for the training or the dog. White Dog Cafe Owner Marty Grims said, “We are looking forward to again working with Steve and all the on-air personalities who are giving of their time for this fundraiser. We hope the community will come out and dine for this wonderful cause.” Over the past three years, the Dining Out for the Dogs events have raised $150,000.