Overseeing the Phones for John DeBella’s Veterans Radiothon
From 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. JDB will be broadcasting live over the WMGK airwaves for the greater Philadelphia area to enjoy classic rock, live interviews, and JDB’s personality.
Plus, you can even stop by and see the show in person since it will be live from the WMGK parking lot in Bala Cynwyd.
If you get the chance, you’re definitely going to want to stop by as JDB and my buddy Steve Vassalotti, who has done a great job producing the show and Radiothon for years, continue to do an amazing job with this event.
But the whole purpose of the broadcast is to raise money for the Veterans Multi-Service Center in Philadelphia.
I encourage everyone to donate whatever they are capable of to help out those who served the country!
You can donate online at this link RIGHT HERE.
Or you can call 1-800-678-9645 today from 6 a.m. through 6 p.m. and make a donation via the phones.
As a matter of fact, I will be upstairs at 1 Bala Plaza overseeing the phone lines and checking into the show twice an hour to give live updates on the total numbers donated via the phones throughout the day!
If neither of those options works for you, you can also donate and possibly win a cool prize as well by bidding on one of the eBay options!
The items include:
- A signed guitar by The Hooters
- Guns N’ Roses Welcome To The Jungle VIP Experience Tickets
- A pair of 3-Dav passes for the Power Trip Festival in California
- A Bryce Harper autographed bat
- Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band Limited Edition Bobbleheads
- A Taylor Swift Autographed Signed Guitar
- An REO Speedwagon Autographed Guitar
- A STYX Autographed Guitar
- A Cheap Trick Autographed Guitar
- A KANSAS Autographed Guitar
- A Lynyrd Skynyrd Autographed Guitar
- A Pair of Bruce Springsteen Pit Tickets on 8/16/23 at Citizens Bank Park
Overall, it is one of my favorite events to work for the station and it is surreal that it is DeBella’s last Radiothon!
So let’s make it a memorable one and hopefully set some donation records!
More from Matt Cord…