The free 102.9 MGK mobile app just got some upgrades!
Thanks to some new updates and a new layout, it’s a lot easier to find everything you could want to see.
We’ve heard your feedback and are pretty stoked to bring you a whole new app experience. Make the app your own with these new features:
- Improved ease of navigation to help get you where you’re going
- Hear something on air? Find it easy on the app
- Customize the order of stories, podcasts, and galleries that appear in the app
- Plus: Select additional stations to sample in the new “My Stations” section
- And, don’t forget: Register to win within the app for the monthly $1,000 prize as a part of our national App Cashout contest. Click here for the official rules.
We’re always working to improve your experience so make sure you don’t miss a thing and keep your Updates turned on.
MGK Philly 500: Artist Breakdown 2023
The MGK at-work network made this Memorial Day Weekend yet another success voting on the top 500 classic rock songs.
The Philly 500 celebrates the best artists that Rock & Roll has to offer.
Our listeners chose “Stairway to Heaven” as the number one song for the first time since 2017.
We’d like to congratulate John Russell of Audubon, NJ for correctly identifying “Stairway to Heaven” to win $500 during the crossover between John DeBella and Matt Cord’s shows at 9am on Tuesday morning.
In the MGK Philly 500 Artist Breakdown, Led Zeppelin finished with 20 of the top 500. The Rolling Stones were the only other artist to finish with 20.
The list paid tribute to legends the Grateful Dead dating back to the 1960s. It included grunge sensations like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
The usual suspects got their fair share of love, as 11 artists had at least 9 songs on the 2023 edition of the Philly 500 on 102.9 WMGK.